Posted by: columbiahighlands | December 6, 2010

Permits required at region’s Sno-Parks

Skiers and snowshoers heading up to the mountains this winter should remember that Washington State Parks requires vehicles to display either a one-day or seasonal state non-motorized Sno-Park permit at all four non-motorized Sno-Parks in the Colville National Forest (Sherman Pass, Deer Creek-Boulder Pass, Frater Lake and Geophysical).  Fines are steep, so don’t chance it.

Permits can be purchased online or by mail from State Parks Winter Recreation Program headquarters or in person from vendors statewide. They can also be purchased during office hours at all Colville NF ranger stations.  In Republic, permits are also available at Eich’s Mercantile, 15 N. Clark Ave.

Sno-Park permits, which help fund winter-time plowing at some of our region’s best winter recreational trailheads, are required until April 30.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: